|» Process for Expert Rating/Review
» How the Review Is Used
» How the Expert Rating Is Determined and Used
» Want to be a Hottest Startup Expert?
|Process for Expert Rating/Review
- During Phase 1, each nomination will receive ratings and reviews from two experts (1 general expert and 1 industry expert).
- NEN will take each completed nomination form and match it to the appropriate experts from the Hottest Startup Expert Pool.
- Experts will receive the completed nomination form and expert rating guidelines from NEN via e-mail.
- Experts review and rate the startup, and return the complete assessment to NEN within one week (via e-mail).
- Rating of the nominees is on a scale of 1 - 10 (where 10 is the highest).
- Reviews of the startups should be between 150-300 words.
- The expert ratings of startups will not be published on the Hottest Startups website, but will be conveyed to the nominees in private by e-mail.
- Experts' comments are edited for tone, grammar, and sentence structure in compliance with in-house editorial standards and guidelines. However, this does not change the meaning of or the intent behind the comments.
> View Expert Rating Guidelines
How the Review Is Used
- The expert ratings and reviews are used to inform the voting public.
- The reviews from both the experts will be posted on the website, alongside the nominee information.
- The experts' names will not be published alongside the reviews posted online. However, all the experts will be recognized in the Experts Panel page with their profiles and photographs.
How the Expert Rating Is Determined and Used
- The expert rating of a nomination will be the average of the scores given by the two experts.
- If the difference in scores between the two experts is five points or more, NEN will have an additional expert review the startup. The final rating in this case would be the average of the three scores.
- If the startup gets an expert rating of 4 points or less, NEN will request an explanation from the expert before posting the score on the site, and will provide additional information on the company to the expert (if required).
- If at any point NEN determines that the expert's comments are not in the spirit of TATA NEN Hottest Startups, NEN reserves the right to turn to a third expert for review and rating.
Want to be a Hottest Startup Expert?
Experts possess strong backgrounds in helping build companies either as seasoned entrepreneurs, investors, or professionals, or they possess solid knowledge of the industry.
To apply, please send us your profile and contact details to email@example.com. We'll get back to you to determine if there is a match. Thank you in advance for your interest.
> Download the Expert Guidelines